Thursday, March 17, 2011

baby slings

Carrying a baby gets a bit cumbersome, especially when they want to be carried all day long.  I recently bought a baby sling in an attempt to make carrying my baby a bit more hands free.  Now this is not a new thought; before I had Alistair I bought another baby carrier: as seen here...

 Looks great, right?  The carrier goes from back to front, has a hip strap, and daddy can wear it too.  This is all well and good, but getting the baby into the carrier takes a bit of effort and time.  This means Alistair has time to realize he doesn't want to be in the carrier, he wants mom to hold him. 

When I bought the sling I figured I would give it a try and if it didn't work I'd just return it, no harm no foul.  The sling is wonderful!  I can put it on while still holding the baby, just slip it over my head and he's in.  I can roll it up and slip it into my diaper bag, this means instant hands free where ever I am.  The convenience and ease of use makes this baby accessory one of my go to pieces.  It is also very inexpensive just $20 for this Munchkin Jelly Bean sling at Target.  The only down fall dad refuses to wear it because of the flowers, I guess that's why we have the other one too.

No comments:

Post a Comment